Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 16:50:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      Stephen Mathezer <mathezer@newera.ab.ca>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to use NT boot loader?

Sorry, sendmail is a bit hosed so I don't get correct return addresses
for 'CC's' so I can only send this back to the list.

I Used the same method for booting NT and FreeBSD.  The one problem I had
was due to the fact that I had a separate disk for each OS.  NT is of
course on the boot drive.  I copied the boot sector from the FreeBSD
drive to a file in C:\ on NT and modified boot.ini......  The problem was
that of course that boot sector expected to be on the second drive, not
the first and therefore failed exactly as the original poster described.
In the end, I just made a small FreeBSD '/' partition on my primary hard
drive and now things work fine.

Sorry for the laymans terms but that is the way I understand it.  Please
correct me if I am wrong and also let me know if I can get rid of '/' on
my NT drive and keep the two OSs on completely separate hard drives.

-Steve