Date:      Fri, 1 Jul 2005 00:16:35 +0200
From:      Dario Freni <saturnero@freesbie.org>
To:        Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-ppc on an external hdd (Mac Mini)

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 08:03:49AM +1000, Peter Grehan wrote:
> >Hi guys, I've just installed FreeBSD on an external hard drive. You
> >know, I was too lazy to reformat everything, so I recycled an old 6Gig
> >harddrive thanks to an external box. You can find a mini-guide at:
> >
> >http://tinyurl.com/b7s8u
>=20
>  Great work Dario ! I'm looking forward to the FreeSBIE/ppc live CD :)
>=20
> later,

Today I made my first minimal iso in ppc :) but have no cd-rw to test
it. Will buy a couple tomorrow. In the meantime I'm compiling some
apps (argh! emacs port doesn't compile). I hope to have a test iso
soon.

Little update to the article. USB, sadly, works better than
FireWire. When booting from FireWire i'm not able to make a
buildworld. It exits really at *random* points with quite *random*
error codes (96, 120, 223...). Absolutely no problem switching to USB
(same box, it's a combo usb/fw external case).

Bye,
Dario

--=20
Dario Freni (saturnero@freesbie.org)