Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 1996 16:32:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
Cc:        Edwin Burley <khan@vnet.net>, Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: -current failed

On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Edwin Burley wrote:
> >

> > > ----------------------------------
> > > E-Mail: khan@vnet.net
> > > Date: 10/27/96
> > > Time: 15:13:43
> > > ----------------------------------
> > > So what is the right why to get current to compile...
> > > because am system is kicking out at the function.c file in the
> > > ./../../../cc/cc_int dir....
> >
> > That's not enough to go on.  Need the actual error lines, if it were a
> > real bug.  Of course, it clearly isn't, because all the rest of us can
> > build current just fine.  I just tried it again, with a really clean
> > system, nothing is broke.
> >
> 	Careful Chuck...see my other message :)  There are some bugs in
> the upgrade procedure when you come from a relatively old -current system
> (ie. over a month old).  The main problem seems to be with directories
> not existing, so they are essentially 'one time only' problems, but there
> nonetheless..

Yeah, you're right.  I got past that point, and tend to be a little
shortsighted because of it.  Actually, making a few errors can land you
back that way.  That's one reason I wish sup would go away, and that Steve
Price's patch to kill the .depend files on clean would go in.  Between
those two things, that's most of the spurious trouble reports.  I wish
cvsup wasn't in modula-3, so it could go into the source tree.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |