Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:23:31 +0200
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Encoding from bktr

Hi.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 08:46:36PM +0200, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> 	I think that with a fast XP or P4 it should make real time high
> quality mpeg1 in 768x576 :) It takes about half of my 1200/266 to do
> 384x288 real time, which makes for a nice VCR and I can even program it
> easily :)  - at, cron ... these things I can cope with. I just have
> to remember not to hit the system with a heavy load while recording :)

How do you manage to switch to the right channel? At the moment I always
used fxtv first to switch to the correct channel and then could encode.
This is a little annoying for different things. I wanted to have the
possibility to switch channels by a little script, which could be
executed from a cgi-cin, so I could switch channels by http request and
stream the mpeg to the net, so I can watch TV on any computer in my
network.

- Olli

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |