Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 13:29:21 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:  Faulty motherboard?

> David Nugent writes:
>
> It appears as though irq 5's are being generated as spurious interrupts to
> irq 7. OR, a genuine config problem. In fact, it looks exactly like a
> configuration problem, except it isn't - what was working, suddenly
> stopped. The sound obviously 'works', but it is jerkey and only partial
> sounds are played.

Go look in the MB's BIOS setup for IRQ settings. My AMI BIOS has entries
for IRQ's where the choice is "auto" or "ISA". Have noticed in the past
that unless an ISA card's IRQ is entered as ISA in the BIOS that things
don't work well. An Adaptec 1542CF was detected but unusable.
--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@tomcat1.tbe.com (wk), dkelly@hiwaay.net (hm)