Date:      Sat, 30 Sep 2023 09:38:24 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   quick git question

Hello:
	On a system running:

FreeBSD 14.0-CURRENT #0 main-f0a15aafcb
Mon Oct 31 08:19:54 EDT 2022
amd64

	I upgrade ports daily using portmaster and a fully populated ports
tree, which is updated nightly using "git pull --ff-only".
	About a week ago, Something Happened(tm) and the contents of
www/chromium got mangled to the point they had to completely scrubbed.
(The directory and permissions are still intact.)
	I want to:
	a) re-pull just the contents of that directory.
	b) deal with the (git) bookkeeping so I can go back to using the
usual update procedure.
	What is the correct set of commands to do this?
	(Obviously, not a git guru - I mostly cut-and-pasted stuff from
the Handbook and went on to other matters.)

			Respectfully,

				Robert Huff