Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:10:03 -0700
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Subject:   Re: RPi3 boot stops at Using DTB provided by EFI at 0x8004000.

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 01:03:11PM -0700, bob prohaska wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 11:06:53AM -0700, bob prohaska wrote:
> > >
> > > Are you sure it really stopped? ?I thought the same thing was happening
> > > yesterday on my RPi-B while testing efi booting, and it turned out that
> > > I just had no console, so it appeared to go dead. ?Then a couple
> > > minutes later I noticed I had a login prompt on the serial terminal.
> > >
> > If it takes minutes I probably didn't wait long enough. A new kernel
> > based on 331137 is compiling now, if it won't boot I'll be more patient.

The new cusom kernel didn't boot, but a GENERIC kernel did, so I tried a
make -j4 buildworld from a clean start. It crashed at the 1.6 MB point in
the logfile, the usual place. What debris could be gathered is at
http://www.zefox.net/~fbsd/rpi3/crashes/20180319/

If somebody would take a look at the kernel config file located at
http://www.zefox.net/~fbsd/rpi3/kernel_config/ZEFOX
and point out what might have kept it from booting that would be instructive.

In passing, an RPi2 running r331179 has made it past the 12MB point in the
buildworld log file using only 2 GB of swap, half of it on USB flash.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska