Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 06:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/28293: Dell Latitude CpxJ 750 hangs on install

The following reply was made to PR i386/28293; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To: Robin Huiser <robin@bequbed.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:15:16 +0300

 On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 06:01:32AM -0700, Robin Huiser wrote:

 > >Number:         28293
 > >Category:       i386
 > >Synopsis:       Dell Latitude CpxJ 750 hangs on install
 > >Originator:     Robin Huiser
 > When installing from floppie or CD-ROM, the system stops responding just after it enables my XirCom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + modem. When removing the card, the systems works fine, but what is a *nix server without a network?
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > Just boot the CD / floppydisks with the XirCom card inserted. (BTW, it seems that every PCM card stops the systems, I tried several, no success!)

 If you install FreeBSD without the card inside, can you recompile
 a custom kernel without any drivers you don't need, then insert
 the card, and reboot to see if it hangs again with just the PCMCIA
 and network drivers that you need?

 G'luck,
 Peter

 --
 I am jealous of the first word in this sentence.