Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:04:19 +0200
From:      Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz>
To:        "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Syscons mouse char range redefine proposal

Andrey A. Chernov wrote (2001/04/19):
> In any case it must be sysctl-controlled variable and not kernel
> option only. Rebuilding whole kernel to just change console language is
> superfluous! rc.syscon/rc.conf hooks must be added too.

I agree that there should be some rc.* variable.

It is not kernel option only. However, it is not sysctl variable
(as Kazu was against it and I understand it). It is ioctl() and you
can use "vidcontrol -M n" to call this one, but it does not work as
it should:

Please, could anybody commit very simple patches in PR kern/24437?
It was assigned to Kazu by Johan, but it seems that Kazu is really
out of time. Or are there any objections?

Thanks.

--
Rudolf Cejka   (cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz;  http://www.fee.vutbr.cz/~cejkar)
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of El. Engineering and Comp. Science