Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 2002 10:56:25 +0900
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
To:        Aaron Mildenstein <aaronm@orem.verio.net>
Cc:        Jim Tubman <jim.tubman@pipercreek.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: src-sys-crypto and src-all (was des_enc.S)

Hi,

>>>>> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:06:03 -0700 (MST)
>>>>> Aaron Mildenstein <aaronm@orem.verio.net> said:

aaronm> Ah.  src-all
aaronm> I had set up cvsup with the cvsupit tool in the ports collection when I
aaronm> first started using cvs (back in 4.0 days).  It had me select what lines I
aaronm> wanted to use, ie. src-games, src-sys, etc, and then I had a 20+ line
aaronm> cvsupfile.  I have been transplanting that file on all of my FreeBSD
aaronm> machines since then, and had been unaware that src-sys-crypto had been
aaronm> added, or that there was even a src-all option for cvsupfile.  Perhaps
aaronm> more attention should be given this, as it was a fairly recent (pre 4.5
aaronm> release, I never had a problem) change.

The smbfs.ko module was newly added into 4-STABLE since 4.4-RELEASE.
If you have src/sys/crypto in your src tree, smbfs.ko will be compiled
with DES support.
Recently, new module (des_enc.S) was added into src/sys/crypto and
smbfs.ko requires it.
It seems you had src/sys/crypto in your src tree but you didn't do
CVSup for src-sys-crypto collection.

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/