Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 1996 18:16:07 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers list)
Subject:   Re: volunteering (was: putting 'whining' to work)

> So, lets assume I'd like to help in testing. What would be a
> workable way to contribute? Would I have to track -current?

That would be the minimum requirement for at least *one* of your
machines, e.g. the release builder.

What a lot of folks have been doing, and it makes a good sense, is
tracking the CVS repository and whenever I say that I'm making a
release, they make one too and test from that one.  That saves them
from having to FTP my entire release across the pond, and they can
even make small test alterations to their local release build when
working collaboratively with me to solve a problem.

If you wanted to be truly labor-saving about it, I guess one person in
each network community could build the release and the others could
use the single central copy for testing.

					Jordan