Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 1995 18:15:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   And another g++ question

Warner Losh writes:

> minmax.h is the old way (or maybe just a g++ invention) to do what
> limits.h does now.  At least in the code that I've ported.

Thanks Warner.  I'll try limits.h and see if that works instead of
minmax.

I have one other issue - I get these when I try to link the application:

> filebuf.cc:51: Undefined symbol `__vt$builtinbuf' referenced from text segment
> stdstrbufs.o: Undefined symbol `__vt$builtinbuf' referenced from data segment
> stdstrbufs.o: Undefined symbol `__vt$builtinbuf' referenced from data segment
> stdstrbufs.o: Undefined symbol `__vt$builtinbuf' referenced from data segment
> stdstrbufs.o: Undefined symbol `__vt$stdiobuf' referenced from data segment
> stdstrbufs.o: Undefined symbol `__vt$stdiobuf' referenced from data segment
> stdstrbufs.o: Undefined symbol `__vt$stdiobuf' referenced from data segment
> strstream.cc:53: Undefined symbol `__vt$builtinbuf' referenced from text segment
> strstream.cc:59: Undefined symbol `__vt$builtinbuf' referenced from text segment
> strstream.cc:70: Undefined symbol `__vt$builtinbuf' referenced from text segment

The curious thing is that there is a "__vt$10builtinbuf" defined
in libg++.a but nothing without a 10.  Also the undefined is coming
from libg++ .o's, yet the undefineds don't show up in libg++.a
namelist, so it must be some sort of g++ constructed sort of thing.

Does anyone recognize this problem?

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936