Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 09:17:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Hart <dashadow@tchnet.tchnet.com>
To:        Andrew Kosyakov <caseq@sharks.kylmedia.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wanted best serail board 8-16 port

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996, Andrew Kosyakov wrote:

> modem, internal Courier V.34b (with FIFO, of course), has about 10 "silo
> overflows" per day on non-loaded pentium 150. So, I wonder, how 8 fast modems
> would behave with non-intellectual board?
We run 32 modems with the Boca Boards, all with 16550's and Boca Rack
modems.  We get about 5 or so Silo's each day from each modem, and we've
got a Dual P100 with 128mb of ram for our main server.  It has just
become a fact of life around here to reboot when the silos get to large
so they don't lock the system.  Anyone else have any solutions?  (We run
at a max speed of 115200.)

John
John Hart, System Administrator                       Technet Internet Services
dashadow@tchnet.com                                               (517)796-8200