Date:      03 Apr 2003 10:33:24 -0500
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery " KF8NH <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        "Maxim M. Kazachek" <stranger@sberbank.sibnet.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portupgrade wants to upgrade ports that have been deinstalled

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 05:38, Maxim M. Kazachek wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, sammy!! wrote:
> >It seems my portsupgrade wants to update ports that I had thought had
> >been uninstalled... I'm a little worried my pkgdb has become corrupt
> >somehow.
>
> pkgdb -F should be your friend... It'll fix database

It might not be corruption; just unexpected dependencies.  For example,
I encountered the following chain of dependencies at one point:

gnucash -> eperl -> swig-devel -> php4 -> apache

The fix IIRC was to configure swig-devel to not include PHP4 support.

--
brandon s allbery [openafs/solaris/japh/freebsd] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator [linux/heimdal/too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu