Date:      Fri, 1 Apr 2016 06:26:34 -0400
From:      Carmel <carmel_ny@outlook.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW Firewall Rule

I have two laptops that I use when I travel. I need them to have access
to my LDAP server. I tried configuring this in my IPFW firewall rules,
but they fail:

#!/bin/sh
cmd="ipfw -q add"
pif="em0"

## Lots of rules - truncated

$cmd allow log tcp from any MAC "0C:54:A5:04:BA:DD" to me 389 in via $pif setup keep-state
$cmd allow log tcp from any MAC "00:1A:A0:89:CA:EA" to me 389 in via $pif setup keep-state

This is the error message repeated twice:

ipfw: missing ``to''

If I substitute an IP address and remove the "any MAC "address" it works
fine. I got this example from a web search. Can anyone tell me what I
am doing wrong?

--
Carmel