Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 11:29:46 -0100 (GMT)
From:      Remy NONNENMACHER <remy@synx.com>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc564 on SMP

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Kevin Day wrote:

> 1) A 3.0 optimized rc564 client will be out soon.

Is there and works better (and faster) than FreeBSD generic one. Under a
K6/233 running 3.0, i went from 330 kkeys/s to 375 kkeys/s. The K6 works
better using the -c 1 (386/486) Cpu type than the 'K6 optimized code'.
(It's due to the fact that the K6 translates [34]86 instructions to its
RISC instruction set then rearranges execution paths to paralelize them a
max. Wonderfull internals Datasheets from AMD !!).

Someone said team-freebsd was #11. The ranking went 120/48/46/34 when i
checked. Do i missed something ?

Moral Question : seeking for idle cpus, I added an Idleing Windoze NT to
team. Can this be considered as immoral ? In one hand, I can say i use the
CPU only and that NT stuff is just a spawn helper. In another hand, It's
an M$ shit. If someone feals hurt, i will stop it.