Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 1997 18:16:03 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Amaya and plugins

hasty} bin/amaya
Size of NPAmayaFuncs = 72
***** Ap_InitializePlugin *****
Plugin type: midi
suffixes: mid,midi
comment: <A HREF=mailto
Plugin type: hoff@bnl.gov>Larry Hoff's</A> MIDIX plugin version 1.00;audio/x-midi
suffixes: mid,midi
comment: <A HREF=mailto
Plugin name: hoff@bnl.gov>Larry Hoff's</A> MIDIX plugin version 1.00;
Suffixes: mid,midimid,midi
***** Ap_InitializePluginTable *****
Size of NPPluginFuncs = 52

The above shows amaya loading the MIDIX plugin;however, there is a little
tiny problem , amaya does not have any hooks to call out the plugin .
Last nite,  I mail the amaya group asking them what is the problem.
It should not be to hard for them to support given that from the
Plugin API all the functionality is there even amaya's GUI can
list out the recognized Plugins. Incidently, the Amaya's plugin api
is identical to Netscape -- I did a diff from Netscape's Plugin api
to amaya's pluginlib 8) -- this does not help the current situation
with Netscape not supporting plugins for BS/OS.

BTW: Plugins are not restricted to browsers, check out :
http://www.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/~gimp/

gimp is still on development however it sure is looking good 8)

	Enjoy,
	Amancio