Date:      Sat, 7 Jul 2001 14:39:52 -0700
From:      Michelle Brownsworth <michelle@eugene.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound on a Portege 3025CT

I've installed XMMS in order to play MP3 files on my Toshiba Portege
3025CT, running 4.3 with XFree86 3.3.6 and Enlightenment. The 3025's
built-in sound card is a Yamaha OPL3-SA3, but I can't seem to get the
sound working with XMMS.  Here are my XMMS plugin configuations:

Input plugin:
MPEG Layer 1/2/3 Player 1.2.4 [libmpg123.so]

Output plugin:
OSS Driver 1.2.4 [libOSS.so]

For an output plugin, I've also tried:
eSound Output Plugin 1.2.4 [libesdout.so]

XMMS issues the following error:

Couldn't open audio

Please check that:

1. You have the correct output plugin selected
2. No other program is blocking the soundcard
3. Your soundcared is configured properly

I came up empty-handed when I searched for a similar problem and
solution, so I'm at a loss.  Any ideas?

.\\ichelle