Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:34:04 -0400
From:      "Kevin K." <freebsd-stable@magma.ca>
To:        "'Michael Williams'" <gberz3@gmail.com>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Properly managing SpamAssassin. . .

Managing plesk usually means that you really have to hand over your server
(or the jail that plesk creates) to plesk itself.

I've hacked and mangled plesk installations in order to merge other
technologies and custom solutions that I personally preferred -- and in the
end I concluded that it caused more headaches than it was worth.

As of plesk 8.1 I believe it creates its installation in a jailed
environment, so perhaps adding another jail to handle all the services you
don't want to purchase through plesk (i.e. spamassassin, clamav, or whatever
elese there is) may be the best way.

That's my 0.2, perhaps someone else has a better solution though. Again,
changing or hacking a plesk installation is not a good idea, considering
their "windows update" style of submitting upgrades and patches.

Hope it helps.