Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:30:49 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, nate@yogotech.com (Nate Williams), "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What laptop should I buy?

In message <5692.953932309@critter.freebsd.dk> Poul-Henning Kamp writes:
: I generally find that a traveling configuration over 5 lbs is to heavy
: to carry in my back-pack "by default".

I'd also like to say that I really liked my Libreto 50CT and my
brother's 70CT.  Just the right size for carrying around.

With NetBSD/hpcmips support, I'm starting to think that my next "tiny
laptop" will be a NEC MobilePro 800 with an IBM microdisk.  IIRC, it
is sub 2 pounds.  All it needs is good x support for me to consider
it.  I'd rather spend the $1000 on it to get approx 5 hours of life
than to spend less on a mondo battery.

Warner