Date:      Sun, 25 May 1997 22:55:18 +0100
From:      Lars-Erik Englund <le.englund@trollhattan.mail.telia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SCSI, aic6306 or Zip ZOOM adapter.

Hi!

I have some small problems, and are grateful if you can help me. I got a
panic message from the kernel after recompiling the same. It happens
then the aic6360 or 152x SCSI driver is installed. The panic string is:
"panic for historical reasons". FreeBSD version 2.2.1. I have following
lines in my configuration file:

controller  scbus0 at ahc0    #PCI adapter at IRQ 5
controller  scbus1 at aic0    #ISA adapter at IRQ 11, adr:0x140, ZIP
Zoom adapter.

disk sd0 at scbus0 target 0 unit 0  #adaptec 2940U and Quantum 2.1 Gb
drive
disk sd1 at scbus1 target 3 unit 0  #ZIP drive and CD at this adapter.
device cd0 at scbus?                #

The mainbord is ACER Aopen AP53. BIOS level 2.A0. Triton II chipset.
32Mb of memory installed.
I use OS/2 Warp4 on the same computer, and it works well.

Greetings

Lars-Erik Englund

e-mail: le.englund@trollhattan.mail.telia.com