Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 1995 20:59:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Richard Toren <rpt@miles.sso.loral.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ramspeed results - ??

I saw that this would swap itself to death when I first inspected the
code. I asked Poul-Henning Kamp about the malloc size and received:

>For the results to be comparable you cannot change that number.
>If you want to run it with less memory, you also need to remove the
>checksum check's later.

i did mention that I had only 8MB of memory. If the checksum fails, I
don't think anything will be reported. And will the summary results
(uSec/op) values really be comparable?

I think I will modify the block size, remove the checksum checks and see
what I get. What order of magnitude seems reasonable?

Rip Toren               | The bad news is that C++ is not an object-oriented |
rpt@miles.sso.loral.com | programming language. .... The good news is that   |
                        | C++ supports object-oriented programming.          |
                        |    C++ Programming & Fundamental Concepts          |
                        |     by Anderson & Heinze                           |