Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 12:42:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jak@cetlink.net
Subject:   Re: tickadj -t not changing tick

John Kelly once stated:

=>There is no way this nonsense is going to be required for longer then
=>a week, until one wizard or another commits a patch?
=
=Many wizards have committed many patches just to get us where we are
=today.

And today, the -current's handling of machine's clock is broken --
for some machines, at least.

=>My machine hare not only ran windoze without time problems before it
=>came to my hands
=
=That speaks for itself.

Please, explain what you are trying to say, sir... Kindly excuse
my poor English comprehension, and try to be clear and specific.

=>it also ran FreeBSD-2.2 with clock running just peachy.
=
=Clock?  You mean a little X app?  Wheeeee!  (Sorry, but one silly post
=deserves another)

No. Not a little clock. I mean, the machine's clock never used to
gain 10-20 seconds an hour until I installed the May's snapshot of
the current.  It's too bad, that the silly form of my post masked
its very serious content. I meant to ask a question:

	is the current state recognized as broken?
	what is the ETA for a fix?

		-mi