Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 12:15:39 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The procfs Hole in 2.2.8-STABLE?

In message <20000522140231.A35505@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com> "Crist J. Clark" writes:
: Should I be concerned about these "many vulnerabilities?" Where are
: they documented?

We stopped committing to make backports to 2.x when FreeBSD 3.2 was
released, or about this time last year.  Anything that happened after
that may or may not hav emade it back to 2.2.8.  Also, some of them
weren't noteworthy at the time, so no advisory was issued (I had the
advisory setting too high).  Some exploits have surfaced against old
versions of FreeBSD.  There's no central collection of these
documented anywhere.  I wish I had a better answer for you than this.

Warner