Date:      Tue, 08 Aug 2000 01:42:46 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Hardware List" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Best behaved  drives for FreeBSD?

Just reading about some issues with some Seagate drives and some
other archive messages got me thinking about what drives work
well with FreeBSD.

I am a big fan of IBM and Quatum, however some recent reading at
storagereview.com got me thinking on trying some Maxtor.

I am not totally sure yet, but I may try the drives with a 3ware
comtroller. Just finished reading all their White papers and
some of their web literature and it all looks very good on
"digital paper".

francisco
Moderator of the Corporate BSD list
http://www.egroups.com/group/BSD_Corporate