Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:00:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        rodrigc@attbi.com
Cc:        julian@elischer.org, firewire@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hello lurkers..

In message: <20020910203601.B799@attbi.com>
            Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com> writes:
: On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 05:01:34PM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
: > What I need to know is:
: > 1/ it seems to me there are two 'variants' of firewire code.
: > What is being done to address this? (DV vs General)

It appears that there's reaelly only one.  No need to do anything
about it :-)

: > 2/ are the current patches commitable vs -current?
: > Note: they do NOT HAVE TO WORK to be commitable, but they should compile.
:
: Hidetoshi Shimokawa seemed to be actively working on Firewire,
: and has patches here:
:
: http://people.freebsd.org/~simokawa
:
: but they haven't been updated since July.  I don't know if Hidetoshi
: is around, he hasn't responded to queries on the mailing list lately.

He posted to the developer's mailing list July 30th.  It looks like
the code is ready to roll into -current, save for a couple of tiny
integration leg work.  Out of respect for shimokawa-san, who is a
committer, I've not slammed it in myself.

Warner