Date:      Sat, 7 Sep 1996 16:59:48 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Paul Traina <pst@jnx.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: last commit to syscons re: keyboard probes

On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, Paul Traina wrote:

> I'm not particularly enamoured with the commit I made to make syscons disable
> itself if a keyboard is not present.  I think it's an ugly kludge.  What we
> should be doing is probing properly for the video card and NOT crashing if
> it's not found.

Hmmm.... So if there is the prblem with my otherwise keyboardless server
and I walk over to it, plug in a keyboard (I know it may be harmful,
etc.) then in the future the system will just not recognise it as it was
not present at the boot-up time (say a spontaneous one in the middle of
the night)? I wouldn't be too happy :-(

	Sander