Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 19:43:14 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Doc Project)
Subject:   Re: adding to manpage set

> Correct me if I'm wrong but I do have the impression there is something
> to be added to the set of man pages. I haven't yet seen 2.1R, but I

Your impression is correct.  I and others occassionally add one that's
missing, but there's no concerted effort.

> Request: please send me your 'missing' list, preferably with appropriate
> section and on which FreeBSD 2.x release your are missing it.

You probably won't get too many replies to this, however, it being one
of those "if we had enough time to search, we'd have enough time to
fix them!" sorts of propositions. :-)

I really recommend that you simply automate the process by iterating
through every command in /sbin, /usr/sbin, /bin, /usr/bin and
/usr/libexec, making sure that it has a man page in sections 1 or 8,
through every library in /usr/lib and making sure that the functions
are documented in sections 2 or 3, and through every file in /etc,
making sure that the relevant files have docs in section 5.

By the time you've finished that, we'll be pretty well doc'd and ready
to take all the man pages and convert them to some other format.. :-)

					Jordan