Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 01:58:20 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Dino Dai Zovi <ghandi@ghandi.cx>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   timeout flushing dbuf_out, ...

After making world on May 12, my sound card has been having some problems.
Some programs (mpg123, x11amp) don't play any sound at all, while some
others play sound but are cut short.  These messages are sent to syslog:

May 13 01:32:55 buddha /kernel: timeout flushing dbuf_out, chan 5 cnt
0xff00 fla gs 0x000001c1

AFAIK, I did not change anything between make worlds (not kernel conf,
hardware, etc).  My previous system was built on April 16.  My sound card
is a SoundBlaster 16 isa (old style, not PnP).  I have the following in
my kernel config:
device          pcm0 at isa ? port? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
and this is displayed at boot:
buddha /kernel: pcm0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 on isa

These values are what I used previously which worked fine (except for a
this printed to syslog when using x11amp:
buddha /kernel: sorry, read DMA channel unavailable
)

I looked around the Web CVS repository for files that recently changed,
but no recent changes looked as if they would do this.  Any help would be
appreciated.  Thanks.
-Dino