Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 1999 09:58:53 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Johan Rydberg <johan.rydberg@netinsight.se>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with BSD in embedded system!

> > We understand that the STPC has problems running FreeBSD; we haven't
> > been able to resolve the issues we have with the sample board we have=
=2E
> > =

> > But the symptom you're describing is quite different; the only way yo=
> > are going to be able to resolve your issue is to build a kernel with
> > DDB enabled, break to the debugger at the top of init386 and then
> > single-step your way through until it falls over.
> =

> How will this be done, since the IDT is intialized within init386. =

The same way it always works.  If you can't single-step through parts =

of it, then you will need to stick some form of debugging output in =

there (eg. writes to a known port) and watch that in some other fashion.
-- =

\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org
\\    -- Joseph Merrick           \\  msmith@cdrom.com