Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:00:53 -0500
From:      Matt White <mwhite@cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PAO wierdness

I am trying to install the PAO variant of FreeBSD 2.2.7 on my sony pcg719c
laptop by doing a net install.  The ether card is a 3com 3c589 w/xjack

On my first attempt, the install went smoothly with no problems whatsoever
until I rebooted the system.  The machine comes back up with a 'read
error'.  I don't sweat this since I specified 'dangerously dedicated' and
read somewhere that makes some machines cry.  It doesn't suprise me that
Sony is one of these machines.

So, back to reinstall.  This time I do the same thing as last, minus
skipping the fdisk stuff.  Now the machine adds the default route, does the
DNS lookup on ftp.freebsd.org and gives me the message 'Logging into
ftp@ftp.freebsd.org'.  Well, I'm watching the SNMP stats on the hub port
that this machine is attached to and it is doing no such thing.  If I let
it sit there long enough, it will error out and return me to the main menu.

Anyone have any clues on this one?  Please CC me on any replies as our
mail-to-news gateway seems to be out of order (but that at least is not my
problem).

-Matt