Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:11:42 -0500
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        Jeremy Buckner <jeremy@cableaz.com>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Console settings/software?

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 09:48:23AM -0700, Jeremy Buckner wrote:
> If I need/want to console into my FreeBSD box, do I need to load any kind of software or can I just
> do it.

'Console', in this context, isn't a verb. :)

Do you mean 'connect to the console', as distinct from 'getting a
login shell'?

> I am trying but I don't know what my settings should be (HyperTerminal). Can anyone shed
> light on the matter. Sorry if this is should be easy but I've never had to do it before.

Are you trying to connect to the FreeBSD box's serial port, or via the
network?

Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert		<reichert@numachi.com>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842
Derry NH 03038-1713 USA			Intel architecture: the left-hand path