Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 17:12:21 +0100
From:      "Marco van de Voort" <marcov@stack.nl>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: file creation times ?

> I know very little of filesystems, but I know that NTFS is extensible
> (and supports several file strains). So probably that is not a limitation of NTFS,
> but of the NT implementation of it.
>
> E.g. Mac stuff is stored in an extra strain, extra attributes can be stored in
> the MFS etc etc.  One could write a *nix NTFS driver that supported NFS
> metadata.

Whoops, that should be MFT (Master File Table) not MFS.
Probably got confused by all those MFS messages :-)

And btw there is afaik also no reason why a new NTFS driver couldn't be
developped for NT (that supported NFS metadata). NTFS support is according
to the docs a separate module. (but that is the theory, not practice)
Marco van de Voort (MarcoV@Stack.nl or marco@freepascal.org)