Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:58:26 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Vinum breakage (was: 2nd call for reviews and tests: buf->bio patch)

On Tuesday,  4 April 2000 at 15:31:00 +0200, Søren Schmidt wrote:
> It seems Brad Knowles wrote:
>>
>> 	Like I said in a previous message, Poul broke vinum (among other
>> things) under 4.0-STABLE, and this needs to be fixed ASAP.  If Poul
>> had kept his changes unique to -CURRENT, then 4.0-STABLE wouldn't
>> have been affected.  But he didn't, and it was.
>
> Where the fsck did you get the idea that RELENG_4 was broken by
> Poul's commits to -CURRENT ??
> Poul has nothing to do with vinum being broken in RELENG_4...

Correct.  phk broke some stuff in Vinum in -CURRENT, and that's been
fixed.  There's some long-standing breakage in Vinum in combination
with RAID-5 and ATA/IDE.  I'm quite capable of doing this kind of
breakage without phk's help.  I have now identified the problem, with
Matt Dillon's help, and will fix Real Soon Now.

Greg