Date:      Tue, 9 Oct 2007 12:44:02 -0800
From:      "Joseph Yeager" <joeyea323@gmail.com>
To:        lme@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems Booting

>Hello Joe,
>
>which version of FreesBIE do you use? What does uname -a show?
>
>Lars

I used FreeSBIE v2.0.1-RELEASE.  A uname -a displays:
FreeBSD FreeSBIE.LiveCD 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE #11 : Wed Feb 7
16:52:42 UTC 2007
root@kaiser.sig11.org:/usr/obj.gmv-i386/usr/src/sys/FreeSBIE
i386

Another thing I have noticed is that when it fails, it always fails on the
same character: |.  When I use FreeSBIE or any of the installers for 5.5,
6.2, or PC-BSD (6.2), it will also stop at that character and then the
screen flickers and then it displays some basic info about FreeBSD and
continues to boot.  Do you know what happens at that exact point?