Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 1996 09:37:04 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.org, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DVORAK keyboard drivers

> As opposed to knowing cryptic options, commands, and whatnot in /etc/*
> in order to run UNIX?

Well, two wrongs don't make a right.  There are many who say that the
stuff in /etc should have a nice front-end tool to encapsulate edits,
and as much as many people hate AIX I've heard many good things about
SMIT.  Hackers hate it, of course, but Joe User seems to like it quite
a bit.

> Get off your high horse. xf86config that does exactly that.

Sorry Kaleb, but xf86config is a creeping undead abortion from the
foulest pit of Hell.  I would hardly want to hold it up as a shining
paragon of anything, except perhaps how to construct utterly unusable
interfaces using shell programming.  You really should give a better
example to support your argument!

All in all, this argument strikes me as:

Person A: "Your Pinto shouldn't explode when struck from behind."
Person B: "Oh yeah?  Well your LADA shouldn't fall to pieces when
          driven over 40 miles an hour!"
Person A: "Yo momma!  At least *our* cars don't have sticky accellerators!"
Person B: "Oh right, and who's car was voted `most likely to maim' by Ralph
           Nader last year?!"
Drivers:  "Aiiiiieeeeeeee!  *crash*! *KABOOM*! [crackle crackle crackle]."

You're both right.  So what's your point?

					Jordan