Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2017 21:24:23 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: devel/llvm40 fails to build

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 20:05:09 +0000, Carmel NY wrote:
> I am unable to build the "devel/llvm40" port with poudriere. It ends with
> this error message:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: No space left on device
> c++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
> ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/llvm40
> =>> Cleaning up wrkdir
> ===>  Cleaning for llvm40-4.0.1_5
> build of devel/llvm40 | llvm40-4.0.1_5 ended at Fri Dec  8 14:30:36 EST 2017
> build time: 01:01:56
> !!! build failure encountered !!!
>
> Is there anything I can do to correct this situation?

Check the output of "df -h", maybe additionally during the build.
Find out where "No space left on device" happens, i. e., which
partition has insufficient space for ld to create working files
or to write the result to. Or are you using a memory disk of
insufficient (fixed) size? Or a quota?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany