Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 10:29:25 -0700
From:      Arun Sharma <adsharma@sharmas.dhs.org>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: truss(1) with support for fork(2) and friends

On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 01:51:48PM -0700, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> well, has another committer expressed intrest in this work?  I was
> looking at committing your code, but it's both for an out of date version
> of truss, and run though ident...  if you could provide the changes
> to the -current source (w/o ident) I'd greatly appreciate it..

Ok, the cleaned up diff is at:

http://sharmas.dhs.org/~adsharma/projects/freebsd/truss-diff-current.gz

Things TBD:

1. Move print_syscall to syscall_entry rather than exit.
2. Fix the race - before the child truss can attach to the child process,
   the child could be gone. Other OSes are capable of creating a child which
   is already stopped, if the parent was being traced.
3. Port the code to alpha
4. Preserve ordering in truss output. Due to stdio, the buffering might
   reorder the syscalls.

	-Arun