Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 1998 23:12:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        John Saunders <john.saunders@scitec.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stable branch funnies

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, John Saunders wrote:

> 1) -stable is very volatile and whole programs coming and going, and
>    failed builds, is a part of life. (I can't really believe this).

  When you installed the original source, you probably did not install the
source for games.  But your cvsupfile has an entry for games, so
cvsup would have downloaded the source for the games.  However, boggle was
recently removed because it violates a trademark.

> Reading up on the cvsup man page it says that it maintains a file(s)
> so it knows what versions it has of each file. I have yet to locate

   In /usr/sup directory normally.

  Also, your build problems with g++ are probably completely unreleated.
Most likely you have done some funny things to your tree.  Try a "make
clean", before doing a "make buildworld".

Tom