Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 12:47:26 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3CRWE737A

"M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org> probably said:
>             Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net> writes:
> : at work. I've had no luck getting this functioning.
> Bummer.

Yep.

> : wi0: Symbol Firmware: Primary 2.01.02, Station 2.20.01
> That doesn't match my symbol firmware.  I have 1.50.12 in my '737A.
> I'm told that there's newer firmware available and that it works
> fairly well.

I've found a firmware/software set from 3com but I don't know if it's
more recent than the firmware on this card. I'll try it and see.

> I think it is available at intel's web site and contains a download
> program for windows.  I've heard reports of people hacking the
> windows driver info files and using the intel download program on
> other symbol cards.

Hrrrm. I'm not having any luck finding pointers to that work. Got any
further info ? Intel have quite a few posibilities and I have little
wish to kill the card by downloading the wrong firmware;

  http://support.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/21397b.htm

Even after this upgrade is it likely to work ? If you're willing and
have time to work on it I'll happily just send you the card, can
probably just keep it.

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@pir.net                 pir-sig@net.tufts.edu