Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 1997 11:33:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu, bde@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount and df

> > Both seem broken here.  Neither can find the size of the struct ufs_args,
> > which I found in sys/ufs/ufs/ufsmount.h.  I don't know if this should be
> > directly included in mount.c and df.c, or whether it's supposed to be
>
> This problem happens with a lot of things which attempt to get at the
> foo_args structures (ufs_args, iso_args, msdosfs_args, etc).  Just try
> building /usr/src/release/sysinstall in -current to watch about 4
> instances of this error.
>
> Probably only Bruce would know if:
>
> 	a) These should be coming in via sys/mount.h, like they used to
> 	   (though it was pretty gross to have to define things like
> 	   MSDOSFS to get msdosfs_args in scope).
>
> 	b) We should be including <foofs/foofs/foo.h> instead.

The mount code should not be doing this; the df code shouldn't either.

If you relocate the headers to some bizarre place, at least pick a common
bizarre place, like /usr/include/sys/fs/ffs_extern.h.

Otherwise change the mount interface to fix the problem the right way.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.