Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 01:03:10 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux Module problems

Bosko Milekic wrote:

>         On my -CURRENT machine,
>
> FreeBSD jehovah 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Sat May 13 15:11:13 EDT
> 2000     root@jehovah:/usr/src/sys/compile/JEHOVAH  i386
>
>         (obviously a little out-dated), I have recently noticed unusual
>   problems with the linux module which, by the way, is of the same date.
>         The first problem I discovered first came up while building the
>   StarOffice5 port. After checking the dependency for linux's libc5, it
>   _spontaneously_ reboots. No panic(), hence no debugger. I've never seen
>   this sort of behavior before and have no idea what could have caused it.

Your problem might be quite simple... For quite a while, now, modules
are not being built/installed by either build/installworld nor
build/installkernel. I had the exact same problem while installing
acroread4, a Linux application, and it vanished as soon as I updated the
modules by hand (cd /sys/modules; make all install).

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

		"Sentience hurts."