Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:50:36 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        oortiz@LCSI.COM
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intruder Lockout

oortiz@LCSI.COM wrote:

>      Is there anyway to have an Intruder Lockout in FreeBSD? Like if
>      someone is trying to hack into my system with a certain user account,
>      and if after 3 to 5 attempts of typing in the wrong password, will the
>      system lock out the account instead of letting him try again like
>      Netware does?

I wrote one once upon a time, for a company who shall remain nameless.
They had no intention of selling it for FreeBSD, but I developed it
there and then ported it to SunOS, Solaris, Ultrix, HP/UX, AIX, etc.

I could easily do it for FreeBSD again.  I'd be glad to take a contract
to develop such a module and donate it to the FreeBSD Project.  How much
money do you have?  ;^)

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                      +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                   wes@softweyr.com