Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 1996 21:07:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
Cc:        CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mixer control program (jmix) - was:  Re: GUS PRO: functional!

On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, Jim Lowe wrote:

> > What I intent to do is to change the driver with respect to mic and line
> > level control is to redirect the mixing controls to igain.

Just as a side note.  I'm on vat 4.0a2 and the output slider works without
any intervening software on my GUS PnP.  I was twiddling it during the
IETF sessions and not having a problem. I don't know about mic input, I
haven't played with it yet on the gus.

> You will need tcl7.5 and tk4.1 installed.  Jmix has only been tested
> on -current.  If you have changes, additions, or, a man page please
> let me know and I will include them next time around.

> Jmix should locate the hardware mixers on your system and put up a
> control panel for whatever mixers are available.  The menus and other
> things still need some work, but I thought someone might find the
> program useful in its current state.

If it's better than 'mixer' I'll take it :)