Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:20:58 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
Cc:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>, Harry Tabak <htabak@quadtelecom.com>, dever@getaclue.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bystander shot by a spam filter.

Dave Hayes wrote:
> Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> writes:
> > Yes, if you could stand the company you'd be keeping...
>
> Oh, Hi Terry! Listen, you know we are just going to go back and forth
> until I start arguing the benefits of irrationality...so can we save
> time and just start there?
>
> ;)

Why don't we start with your response to my other message,
about systems engineering and emergent a complex behaviours
that result from simple rule sets?

Personally, I'd like to argue about raising the cost of the
sending of repeat SPAM, while leaving the cost of sending
non-SPAM and/or initial SPAM, fixed.

Are you arguing by omission that it's impossible to design
such a system?  If so, how do you address my example of the
inability of people to deny the existance of gravity and
inertia?

Thanks,
-- Terry