Date:      Sat, 07 Sep 1996 11:45:16 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@jnx.com>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: last commit to syscons re: keyboard probes

That's why it's a bloody OPTION.

  From: Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>

  On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, Paul Traina wrote:

  > I'm not particularly enamoured with the commit I made to make syscons disab
>>le
  > itself if a keyboard is not present.  I think it's an ugly kludge.  What we
  > should be doing is probing properly for the video card and NOT crashing if
  > it's not found.

  Hmmm.... So if there is the prblem with my otherwise keyboardless server
  and I walk over to it, plug in a keyboard (I know it may be harmful,
  etc.) then in the future the system will just not recognise it as it was
  not present at the boot-up time (say a spontaneous one in the middle of
  the night)? I wouldn't be too happy :-(

  	Sander