From:      "Vladimir I. Kulakov" <kulakov@kudesniki.ru>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Directory invisible by FTP?

Hello,

  How can you explain the following situation. Some directory in
  user's home, let's say /home/user/www is not visible by ftp,
  but visible in my root shell...  All other files and directories in
  /home/user/ with the same access rights visible very vell in both
  shell and ftp... When you make cd www in ftp, you can see all
  contents of www, but www itself is still invisible :(

  The user has 'ftpchroot' for his home directory and /bin/false
  if master.passwd. All other users with the same configuration
  can see all directories very vell...

  I already tryed all possible reasons, but nothing helps :(

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir                          mailto:kulakov@kudesniki.ru