Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:21:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Sake Blok <sake@euronet.nl>
To:        paul@kawartha.com (Paul Stewart)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adding Hundreds Of Users

According to Paul Stewart:

> I'm looking for a simple method of adding hundreds of users to a FreeBSD
> box.  I can obtain a listing of username, password (one to each line in a
> text file) by exporting a database on another O/S.  Can this be pumped
> into a simple script or does adduser itself accept complete command line
> variables?

>From 'man adduser':

ADDUSER(8)              FreeBSD System Manager's Manual
ADDUSER(8)

NAME
     adduser - command for adding new users

SYNOPSIS
     adduser [-batch username [group,[group,...]] [fullname] [password]]
             [-check_only] [-config_create] [-dotdir dotdir] [-group
             login_group] [-h | -help] [-home home] [-message message_file]
             [-noconfig] [-shell shell] [-s | -silent | -q | -quiet] [-uid
             uid_start] [-v | -verbose]

[...]

Yes, it does accept commandline variables.

Sake
--
Sake Blok                            * *      EuroNet Internet
Manager Implementation Team        *     *    Herengracht 208 - 214