Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 10:28:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, cjs@portal.ca, dfr@nlsystems.com, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Its arrived

> > Linux requires the OSF.  The version of the OSF PAL code that comes
>
> Bzzzt, sorry.  Linux actually works best with the ARC console though,
> if you compile your kernel to support it, it will apparently boot from
> the SRM console as well.  So the correct answer is that Linux will
> support both ARC and SRM consoles, DUX and *BSD only SRM.

Strange.  That's not what the documentation that came with my
Linux CDROM that came with the machine along with the PAL code
floppy says...

Of course, you could be right, and the people who wrote the Linux
and the accompanying documentation could be wrong.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.