Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2001 08:51:42 +0200
From:      Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <mekanix@vip.cybercity.dk>
To:        FreeBSD-multimedia <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DVD: Refuses to read vob-files!

I'm getting seriously paranoid here!

Until yesterday I got a drive that allowed me to read of any files.

Now, when I try to read/copy of encrypted vob-files I get 'cp:
vts_02_3.vob: Input/output error' and dmesg spews 'acd0: READ_BIG -
ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=6f ascq=03 error=04'. Ordinary files from the same DVD
read just fine though.

It still reads unencrypted vob-files though, and I can still play the
encrypted DVDs under windows.

So what the hell have happened here? I haven't changed anything on my
setup. Only thing out of the ordinary is that I tried VideoLAN under BeOS
(which was a total failure)... but that shouldn't change anything?

Is it the MPAA that's breathing down my neck?

Bjarne